Sugar Awareness Workshops - Monday 9th July OR Monday 23rd July 2018
11:00am to 1:00pm in Colin Glen Allotments Healthy Living Centre, 30 Colin Glen Road, Belfast BT17 0LR.
Diabetes, cancer and obesity are on the increase. According to research by the PHA, 36% of people in NI are overweight and 27% are obese.
We currently consume far too much sugar in our diets and our addiction to sugar is contributing to many health implications
Join us at this Sugar Awareness Workshop to discover ways of reducing you and your family’s sugar intake.
You will learn:
- How to spot the hidden sugars in food and drinks
- Understand the health implications of consuming too much sugar
- How to read food labels properly
- How to make small changes day by day
- Ask a qualified nutritionist about sugar for particular diets
- Enjoy a cookery demonstration using some of the produce from the Colin Allotment Kitchen Garden.
This workshop is funded by the Urban Villages Initiative.